The Retirement Net Premier retirement living featuring retirement communities and retirement homes in planned active developments. Worldwide resource for active retirement senior communities, rv/resort homes, vacation homes and assisted living facilities. The Retirement Net is the most comprehensive resource of premier retirement communities throughout the world featuring site built homes, manufactured homes, assisted living facilities, planned active retirement communities and various retirement properties worldwide. See also: senior housing, retirement communities, retirement living, elder care network.
Being aware of your body will help you create a more mindful life
Posted June 11, 2009
Tantric philosophy says that the search for knowledge is in everything you do, see, and experience. Being aware of your senses—touch, smell, taste, sight, and hearing—and using them consciously will create a more mindful life. That is why sensuality and sexuality, which draw heavily on the five senses, are such important components of Tantra. Being aware of your body and immersing yourself in sensuality can teach you exquisite lessons.
Your senses of sight, touch, smell, taste, and sound aren't in your consciousness, typically, yet they are the substances of life. You rely on them and yet you are rarely aware of it. The erotic feel of a soft breeze over your skin may not faze you any longer. You wolf your dinner down even though a gourmet chef delicately prepared it. Your lover's touch may not thrill you any longer, either. It is simply that you are not paying attention.
Create an evening with your lover that brings you back to your senses. Prepare everything you'll need ahead so that the experience flows.
- Bathe each other and towel each other dry.
- Decide who will go first, then blindfold the Receiver and lie them down on your bed.
- Treat them to different modalities of touch: a feather, a rose, a makeup brush, a piece of fur, a piece of velvet, and see if they can identify what it is you are using. Blow on them softly. Trail a silk scarf or your hair over the length of their body.
- Pass bits of fruit under their nose for them to identify or just enjoy smelling. Try a flower from your garden. Dab a bit of perfume or an essential oil on your fingertips and wave it in the air. Even an herbal tea bag passed under the nose will have a big impression. Use things that are subtle so you don't over-power the senses.
- Gather a small bell, a chime, your charm bracelet, some dry leaves on a branch, a crystal glass to ring, a Tibetan bowl, or anything else you can think of that would produce exquisite sounds for your partner to experience. Even bending close to their ear and breathing softly will work.
- Have them taste the different fruits you earlier passed by their nose now. A bit of whipped cream, chocolate, or liqueur would do nicely, too. Make small bits and use things that might not be expected.
- Remember to remind your partner to breathe deeply and take it all in.
The point of this evening is to treat your partner to a complete sensory experience. When you block one of the senses like sight the other senses become heightened. You can then experience them more deeply and become "aware" of their essences. You can come to your senses again.
For more information about Suzie Heumann and her work, visit www.tantra.com. To really get the most out of your loving, consider some advanced training. The Tantra.com Premium Membership is your 24 hour a day guide to the skills that will take you to new heights of pleasure and intimacy.